I have a reverse proxy in front of my Jira Software + Jira Service Desk (for server) installation, which handles domain mapping and TLS for Jira.
Currently, I access Jira Software and Jira Service Desk via the same domain:
However, I would like to restrict access to tickets.example.com and provide the customers a more convenient way (easier to remember) to access their Jira Service Desk tickets.
I want to have https://support.example.com/ as the primary URL for Jira Service Desk. It is fine for me to keep the "/servicedesk/" URL prefix as I want to have a micropage (own support project selection page) when the user is entering the support URL without a further path specified.
Is it possible with Jira Service Desk 4.x to have a different base URL only for the Service Desk application?
I could hack it my way using the reverse proxy, but I would have to stick with the "wrong" URLs in e-mail notifications to the customers. So I try to ask for a more easier approach.
PS: I am aware of https://confluence.atlassian.com/confeval/jira-service-desk-evaluator-resources/jira-service-desk-customize-your-portal-url . However, this would imply also to have the support domain for Jira Software as well.