Hi,
How I can add a custom issue field in the main issue screen? For example above the out of the box "Add a description" field.
This is not possible. NG projects are quite limited in the ability to customize by design.
Hello @Matan Levin,
As you already know it is not possible to add anything above Description.
In Next-Gen issues, you cannot even add a custom field below Description (the left part of the screen). All the custom fields land on the right side of the screen with limited width and height.
The decent workaround it to try a plugin that can help with tracking acceptance criteria through a panel located below Description.
I can propose the Issue Checklist Pro app or its free of charge sibling Issue Checklist Free.Both provide an easy way to create a list of items associated with checkboxes. Along with many other useful features, they help with tracking Definition of Done or Acceptance criteria.
Please take a look at the screenshot below:
Cheers,Jack
Hi guys,
Today we have released the paragraph field to 100%. You will find it in Project Settings when viewing an Issue Type. Note that the paragraph field type can only be dragged into the Content bucket, which means it will appear in the main body of the Issue View (not on the right-hand side), so please note this is intentional.
Thanks everyone for your patience and for commenting here.
Regards,
Nate
Thanks,
Any idea if it plan to be in NG roadmap?
No idea. However I really wouldn’t expect them to ever add this. The reason is, they plan to keep the next GEN a very simple and easy to use interface. By adding lots of configuration it gets complicated just like many argue that Classic has become.
Well, they allow to customize all other fields in issue's screen so I definitely would expect for this..
Anyway, my goal is to add an "Acceptance Criteria" textbox field below the Description. Any suggestions will be helpful :-)
We are starting a body of work that will allow you to add multiline text fields (will be called the paragraph field) and the environment field to the main content body of your issue view. We need to modify the issue type screen in project settings first, but I wanted to let you know it is coming.
I know you said you wanted to place it above the description @Matan Levin, but I just want to call out that you will only be able to add these custom fields below the description upon release.
Nathan
Great to hear Nathan. Thanks for sharing. This will certainly go a long way to help NG users.
Is there a timeline, even an approximate one? I find it almost unbelievable that this basic functionality (to add multi line text inputs) wasn't part of the MVP.
Hooray. Is there an estimated delivery date for this ? I need a large data field on my NG request
Thanks Nate,
Are these fields also available in Jira Service Desk, or just Jira projects?
Best,
Dennis
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.