What is the current way to bulk operations that don't change the "Updated" value?
While cleaning the system (by canonizing types or tags for example), the Updated field gets changed to current systime. When searching for tasks, the field itself is siginifantly more valuable the less rewarding a term alone is.
I've found some ressources but no officially supported way to do it, there are even warnings applying handcrafted queries to the database.*
While doing the search, I found a somehow related issue. Please look at that Updated and Created fields, and unfold the History panel:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-7831
*) https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-change-the-issue-creation-date-using-a-database-update-334430256.html
While this link went offline:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/How+to+modify+an+issue+creation+date
Thanks!
Daniel
Dear @Daniel Wendler ,
this how Jira is designed. Either you
So long
Thomas
Hi Thomas and thanks for your reply,
I am not sure if exporting and importing of maybe 100.000 tasks is an appropriate solution to fixing JIRAs design issue :-(
So far the "Updated" field is useless by design, too bad.
Regards.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.