I am trying to create a project with a project type of Business. However, when I create a new project in Jira (cloud) it defaults to a project type of "Software". It won't let me change the project type. I go to "Details" and the project type field is dimmed. There is a message that states "To change project type, create a new project and bulk move your issues into it". However, this makes no sense because my project is a new project and it doesn't have any issues yet.
In the recent past I was able to go to the project "Details" and change the project type directly. I can no longer do so.
This is how I create a new project:
- Go to Projects
- From the Create Project drop-down I select "Classic Project".
- I enter a project name, then click "Create".
At this point the project is created with a project type of "Software". I am not able to change the project type. Please help.