Hi everyone,
Since Atlassian released their "new issue view", I can't rename epics. I have to go back to "See the old view" to be able to do it.Is there something I'm missing?
Hi Jean-René,
From what I understand in the new issue view (or next-gen projects) Epics don't have a separate name field anymore and thus use the Epic Summary/Title as a reference on other tickets.
You should be able to change the summary/title of an epic.
Hope this helps,
Maarten
Hi Maarten,
thanks for your quick answer. I've added the Epic Summary/Title to the view. While using the "new Jira Views" (that I deactivated now, because of this issue), I don't see the field. Once I go back to the "old view", the field is appearing.Thanks
As far as I understand and experienced that's exactly the point. The new issue experience (next gen projects) simplify the epic by only using the summary/title of the issue. The Epic Name field is obsolete and the Summary will be used wherever the Epic Name was previously used.
Best,
I understand that it's a good simplification. But renaming my Epic in the Next Gen view will keep both fields with different values and the "old name" will be displayed everywhere. I can edit the name, but it will be displayed only when I open the Epic itself.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.