I have used Confluence Server a lot in my previous company
At my new job, I lobbied to get Confluence, but we got Confluence Cloud
Things appear to work somewhat similarly, but many things seem broken to the point that I'm seriously considering not using Confluence at all
For example: I created a Space and called it Glossary. I added two sub-pages. In the parent page, I tried adding a Page Index macro. I have tried two different ways, both unsuccessfully.
- Typing a slash and then Index: this doesn't seem to do anything at all
- Trying to add a macro from the toolbar (+v), View More, Page Index. This shows me a preview. When I click on Insert, all I see is the rotating "I'm working on it" thingie
After about an hour, I cancelled that. I tried doing the same from a different browser window. Same result.
I tried creating a Live Search. That's broken as well. I.e.: there is nothing live about the search. I expect to see results as I type my search, but I only see what I type (no results). If I press [Enter], I see results.
A lot of articles talk about this new fangled UI and how a lot of people dislike it. I guess I'm one of them
Is Confluence Cloud basically unusable? My experience so far is that it seems to be in beta, which is not acceptable.
What has been your experience?