When Jira 8.0.0 came out, I cloned my "Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.6" server to create a secondary server for upgrade testing. There were add-ons/apps that were considered not compatible.
After upgrading, it was slow, sluggish and even unresponsive. After several page refreshes, I would finally get logged in. After logging in to an upgraded Jira Software, I immediately try to connect to "System" so that I can upgrade my Jira Service Desk and any add-ons/apps. I could never get the System login to work. I would always get a 500 web page after a few minutes of waiting. I finally backed out the update (VMWare Snapshot) to try at a later date.
I have watched the updates show up in my production server. I saw 8.0.1 come out as well as 8.0.2. Each time I check my plugins/apps for compatibility. For each update, the following apps are incompatible: AM Utils, Atalassian Universal Plugin Manager Plugin, Color Custom Fields, JIRA Subversion plugin, & Subscriptions for JIRA.
I have updated my cloned server to 8.0.2 and the same issue still exists. I can't increase my login to System. I can't view ANY tickets. I can't view all projects. I found that after the upgrade, the system would be slow due to index pointers on the database. At this time, Jira has been running for about 90 minutes and I still can do anything. We are using PostgreSQL 9.6 locally on the server. The JAVA version that we are using is the JAVA that comes with Jira Software.
~/JIRA/install # java -version
java version "1.8.0_181"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_181-b13)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.181-b13, mixed mode)
~/JIRA/install # which java
/opt/atlassian/jira/jre/bin/java
Is Jira 8.0.X even ready for prime time yet?
The current Add-ons/Apps installed are:
JIRA Subversion plugin (it already incompatible, but still works for our 7.13.1)
AIM Utils
Atlassian Troubleshooting and Support Tools
Atlassian Universal Plugin Manager Plugin
Color Custom Fields
Issue Picker Custom Field Type for JIRA
JIRA Calendar Plugin
JIRA Toolkit Plugin
JIRA Watcher Field
JQL Functions Collection
querydsl-4.0.7-provider-plugin
SIL Engine
Subscriptions for JIRA
Warden.