We often receive email replies with automated vacation emails.
How can we stop these creating tickets please?
the question I have is why is a new issue being created? I assume the scenario is the following:
what should happen is that JSD adds the “I am out of the office...” email body response as a comment not create a new ticket. Assuming the above is correct I think we need to figure out why a new ticket vs. comment.
if Customer A send a reply while in the office does a comment get added or new ticket?
Disregard this note: I think I have fixed this now...
Can you please advise and check all is now set up correctly?
Reply from our dev:
I think his message doesn't helpThe reason why it creates a new ticket is that because the user is auto-replying to an email sent from support@primepractice.com.au - mainly notification from the engine.
It's only slightly annoying and ticket can be closed directlyIt will be great if SD has auto detection like zendesk does. Zendesk never creates tickets from OOO replies.
@Travis Clapp , So it seems you have fixed the issue? Can you please indicate what you found and how you fixed? BTW, when replying to a thread pleas use the “reply” button not the “answer” button unless your response is in fact intended to be an answer.
@Jack Brickey it's not quite fixed as you can see from our dev's reply...
As it wasn't ready 'out of the box' I googled a kind of solution: I created an automation to handle emails sent as replies to a closed ticket, to append to the existing and not create a new one.
However, I am unsure if that has resolved it for auto-reply messages.
Can you please test and confirm either way?
Thanks!
Thoughts on this? "It will be great if SD has auto detection like zendesk does. Zendesk never creates tickets from OOO replies."
Can you share what steps you took to solve this issue?
Ot was never resolved actually
@Jack Brickey
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.