Here is a challenge that I have been given.
We have a project management template that serves three purposes:
- Feeds data from Page Properties Macros into other reports
- Serves as a tool for Project Managers to track the progress of their project
- Communicates the current state of the project to anyone who wants to visit the page
To serve this purpose, we occasionally have the same data point showing up in multiple locations on the page: once in the PP macro, and twice more in different locations on the page. Each of these locations is part of a logical flow where you would expect to see that data, given the section of that page.
I know it's not good form to have the same piece of data included more than once on the same page, but work with me - this was not my call, I'm just trying to make it work for them.
It would be nice if the Project Managers would only have to enter that data one time, and have it display in all of the other locations that it appears. Is there way to do this?
I have played with template variables and excerpt macros - neither of those does what I need it to (template variables only work once at page creation and excerpt macros can only take one excerpt from the same page). If anyone else has a suggestion for how this can be done, I'd love to hear it.
Thanks so much for the help!