Hi all.
I'm trying to figure out a "best approach" for allowing customers to reopen a ticket.
Currently, I have setup automation in the following way:
1. If "waiting for customer" 5 day - email notification
2. If still in "waiting for customer" after 3 days (total 8 days) - Set to "Resolve" and email customer.
3. If still no response after 5 days, set from "Resolved" to "Closed" and send email.
4. Re-open an issue if status = "Resolved" and comment is public.
While the issue is in Resolved status if the customer replies it will transition it to "Waiting for Support".
BUT, I do think that if an issue is occurring again and it's due to the same root cause, having the customer replying to a closed issue, should open it.
So now I'm not 100% sure if I should still provide the ability to re-open a resolved issue, as well as re-open a closed issue.
Can someone please share their thoughts or workflow?