Hi All,
Just launched self-hosted Jira instance. Get gadget.common.error.500 on the project summary page when I access the site from via the DNS route I set up, but not when I use the virtual machine IP address.
Setup (ips changed for security reasons):
VM Ubuntu 18.02-LTS Server with .bin installation of Jira/Confluence (10.0.0.2 for example)
VM Windows Server 2016 running DNS Server (10.0.0.3 for example).
--DNS ResourceRecordA -name jira.company.local -IPv4Address 10.0.0.2
*Recreating Problem:
In Jira, set baseURL to jira.company.local or jira.company.local:8080 and access via browser address <jira.company.local:8080> (see note, jira.company.local port forward not working)
-Site works fine besides the gadget problem.
In Jira, set baseURL to 10.0.0.2 or 10.0.0.2:8080 and access via browser address <jira.company.local:8080> (see note, jira.company.local port forward not working)
-Site works fine besides the gadget problem.
*Temporarily solving problem:
In Jira, set baseURL to 10.0.0.2 or 10.0.0.2:8080 and access via browser address <10.0.0.2:8080> (see note, 10.0.0.2 80 to 8080 port forward not working)
**Couple problems also arise
Port forwarding in the Tomcat server doesn't seem to be working. I must create shortcuts for LAN users using :8080 port (Jira) or :8090 (Confluence). Maybe I need to set explicit traffic redirection in Ubuntu?
When accessing via jira.company.local, some features don't work (adding comment gives stream error)
***Notes
https has NOT been enabled yet while testing. No certificate present.