When I try to bulk edit issue epic link shows as an available option but there is nothing to edit (no text box or drop down). Am I missing something pretty obvious?
The Epic Link field is a calculated field (i.e. it's not real or stored in the database), it exists purely to allow JQL searches to search for issues linked to a parent issue. The actual link between an Epic and its stories is implemented using an issue link, not a field. There's no way to edit this link directly.
Thanks,Shaun
Thanks Shaun. Not the answer I was hoping for but helps me figure out my migration plan
Shaun, how might I recreate the link between an Epic and a story with a query into the db? I'm struggling to see how the issuelink table works.
I've found that if you're in the backlog view and using JIRA Software, you can highlight issues and drag to "Issues without epics" under the "Epics" sidebar. This is limited to issues 'unresolved' though. Hope that helps a little.
I solved this issue by using the Project Automation Plugin.
I ran a scheduled automation JOB that updated the results of a JQL query to update the EPIC link to the new EPIC that I wanted.
Thanks, Emily. This worked great for me.
Cheers.
If you're using NextGen web version of Jira, from the backlog tab you can open the Epic panel, Multi-select the Stories you want to add to an epic (Hold down the "CTRL" key and then click on each story in turn) once done, drag the selected items and drop on the desired Epic.
This is the actual answer! Thx
see below for actual answer
You can use the 'Bulk Edit' option. Select multiple issues in backlog using CTRL or SHIFT, and right click. Select 'Bulk Change' and then select 'Edit Issues'. You can change any number of fields simultaneously, to change the epic select 'Issue Link'. You will notice there are also other interesting options like move, transition etc.
Hi Jeff,
Can you please share the Plugin and the job with me if you don't mind.
Thank you,
Nimesh
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.