In board view.....
In next gen project.
I have no sprint report, if that helps to know which version I am using.
Hi all. There's a few old threads on here and an old accepted answer that is no longer accurate. I'm going to create a new accepted answer so please let me know if this doesn't address your needs if you are reading this or have posted a comment on here previously. There are currently two ways to view work within an old Sprint....
In the future, it will also be possible to use the List view.
Please note that we will not be making the search of closed sprints possible through the Backlog or the Board view because these views are for future work and active work, respectively.
For Team-managed Projects these views can be turned on and off - details on how to turn them on... here https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/enable-reports/ and https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/enable-the-project-issue-navigator/
I hope this is helpful.
Thanks
Eoin
Product manager
Hello,
You can not view it in the board view. You should view it in the sprint report.
These are my only reports.
It's a next-gen project type. Probably a terrible decision on my part. I just would have never thought that I would not be able to see my prior data. I really don't want to pay for Confluence just to get my Jira data.
Yes, if you want to see old sprints, then you should move to a classic project.
Incase anyone else is looking for this answer. The answer is you can't.
Hi Brian,
You're correct that there's no way to currently do this in next-gen projects. We're really sorry for the inconvenience and while we are building up more capabilities in next-gen to support more ways of working, we can also do a much better job of setting expectations for what's available and not yet available in the new project types before creating them.
It would be helpful to understand what you're trying to use the sprint report for, if possible. Is it to reopen or edit a sprint? Access and view the completed work in the sprint?
It's probably not the information you're looking for that you would typically get from the sprint report, but as a workaround that might help unblock some actions for you, you can find and edit issues in any sprint by navigating to the Search page, adding the "Sprint" field in the "More" dropdown button, and selecting your desired sprint name. This will give you all the issues in that sprint which you can edit as necessary from there (either individually or via "bulk change" in the top right). Hope that helps, and sorry again for the inconvenience - we're working hard to improve!
Harrison
Product Designer, Jira Software
I need to report to my boss what have been done in previous sprints. It is surprising such a basic feature is not present. This is super bad.
Hi Harrison, is there any status update on sprint reporting capabilities please?
Thank you,
-gary
It's almost 2020. When will we be able to view previous sprints in the Board or Backlog?
You know what, I'm sorry, but this is really getting a "What the hell do I pay you people for?" reaction from me.
@mheck Keep in mind that personal attacks against Atlassians or other users is not permitted on this platform. Some of your other posts have been removed accordingly and this one is also skirting the line. I understand you're frustrated but please keep our guidelines in mind and stay constructive. Thanks!
Go to Reports -> Sprint burndown chart (not available for all clients??)Choose sprint from dropdown. (Ours only goes back to the beginning of this year.. nothing earlier than that)Scroll down. Issues are grouped by : Issues added, Issues incomplete during sprint, Issues Completed.Choose next print from dropdown.. etc..Not intuitive, but workable. Hope this helps others.
Wow. Why?
Thanks, exactly what I needed!
It's October 1st, 2021. You still can't. Such a basic task!
Someone please include this user story to their board, maybe it got lost in a finished sprint.
@Monique vdB I can't believe the basic function hasn't been implemented. I can understand mheck's anger.
Reports > Sprint Report Not sure what you're expecting your past sprints to look like.
This worked great for me in the advanced search:`project = MLE AND status = Done AND resolutiondate > startOfDay(-2w)`
I really wish I could click on a sprint in the Sprint Velocity Report and have it show me the Issues that were completed during that sprint.
go to project setting under features toggle on the Report.
Then go back to your project main page, refresh it and you'll be able to see the reports.
Choose sprint burndown report
+1 that is would be useful to have the 'Sprint board' not only for the 'Active sprints', but also for previous sprints.
Currently tickets in previous sprints are kinda lost in the Jira system.And while the tickets are visible in the sprint report, the list of tickets looks very different than how the sprint-board looks. For example the 'lanes' are all gone.
Three years and counting...
I just want to understand: if I get a paid plan, do I get this functionality?
This seems so basic I can't really believe anyone would pay for Jira, so it must be there (is it?) but, you know, at this point, I really don't know what to believe any longer.
I mean
project = PAB AND Sprint = "API Sprint 5" ORDER BY resolutiondate DESC
does the trick, but shall we just call it "clumsy" and leave it at that?
Is this an option yet or on anyone's radar?
where is the reports link in JIRA data center?
our sprint covers multiple projects and just not single project.
One way I get to previous sprints (YMMV) is to:
From here you can see a table of issues and sort by column headings
I like this path as more information is presented and is very configurable. You don't get the swimlanes as such but you can tailor the columns easily. Give it a go!
You can also modify the filter if feeling adventurous
Our current Board consist of multiple projects. None of the suggestions made above is not helping me.
We are using 'Data center Jira v8.22.0".
I think this issue is not solved. If in planning view, we want to see what was done in the previous sprints.
This is very basic feature and just a shame that Jira does not have it. Actually it's a reason not to use it - but we have to, because everybody uses it.
Or do we just not understand the philosophy to use Jira?
Thanks @Randall Pavelich
@Monique vdB I really struggle to find an attack against anyone it this post. It is a basic and necessary functionality that Your software is lacking. It would be better to focus on fixing that, than trying to avoid answering practical question with emotional response. Bottom line is - You are being payed to deliver a complete software. Your software is lacking core functionality (an that is really important, as we lose time because of this particular problem very often). Users reports the issue. Next step is fixing the issue. That is all.
Thanks for this answer Eoin, though a suggestion might be to just make a Sprint selector dropdown on the "Board" page to easily view current and previous sprints, where the dropdown defaults to the current sprint. That would make it much easier to navigate not having to go into Reports, which is obviously not very clear to users. Again though, appreciate your time and attention to this answer.
Go to Reports>>Click "Sprint Reports" and select corresponding report
I can only see up to 10 sprints back. The rest is not visible and nowhere else to be found. Also not in the other reports. Where can I see the older sprints? This is key for learning purposes; I want to look back and see exactly what we did previously in the Sprint view.
@Eoin Please stop beating around the bushWill you please get the team to consider an old sprint dropdown, No-report just a simple dropdown to be able to see old tasks - not date-limited one that only allows you to go back a year.
In short, no report just let me see my tasks and sprints from the beginning of timeit's a yes or no
the answer is still "Ha ha ha, NO! You cant see your old sprints and tasks, we will stall another few years"The answer should have been "Oops we are so sorry, here it is we have fixed it and fired the developer that advised us otherwise, + a refund for the time we pooped on you"
what a shame
Yes sprint reports will tell the sprint details also through velocity you can navigate to sprint reports
@Brian Cooper I understand that thread is huge and as you said there is No sprint report then I would recommend you write a JQL query to pull previous sprint data.
"IT Team" = ABC-MM AND Sprint = Sprint21.1
Sprint21.1 is the previous sprint, it generates the sprint's ID once you hit the search button
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.