I would like to give a certain Group on my Bitbucket Team access to all repositories in a Bitbucket Project instead of granting access to each repository in that project one by one.
I am using bitbucket cloud.
Hi Doug,
You can do that by adjusting the settings for your group as explained at Grant repository access to groups.
Once you do that, your new permissions will apply to the existent repositories as shown in the screenshot:
Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any questions,
Ana
@Ana Retamal I know this is old, but I'm asking here rather than creating a new post on the off chance that I'm missing something.
I believe your response above only applies to access groups that already have a set permission to specific repos; changing the group's default access level will ask if you want to change it on all existing repos the group has access to.
I have a workspace with several projects in it; each project contains dozens (some have hundreds) of repos. I recently had the request to create a new user group that has admin access to all of the repos in a single project.
When I created the group, I set it up as having Admin access, but it shows that it will have admin access to all "new" repositories (which I believe means repos created after the group was created.) It did not give me the option to update access to all repos, and by default it does not have access to any of the existing repos.
How can I grant this new group admin access to all 150+ existing repos in this project?
I think you would need to click very many times I wish there was a project permissions area just like there is in the on-prem version of bitbucket.... Managing a large team with 100s of repositories is a nightmare...
@Freddy Andersen the good news is, this is on the roadmap; the bad new is, it's not due until Q3/Q4.
There's also an open ticket you can vote for and follow.
For someone who is still looking for the answer:When I go to "Repository Permission" for a project, we will have a link go to "project permissions" Then we can assign all repositories for a specific group thereLink of "Project Permission" : https://bitbucket.org/<your_workspace_name>/workspace/projects/<your_project_name>/settings/permissions
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.