We are executing the following query to obtain the issues pending at the beginning (2019-02-5) of the Sprint with ID: 1185 (Sprint 12):
project = ATHP AND issuetype in (story, feature, task) AND Sprint = 1185 AND (status was not in (DONE, "BUILD COMPLETE") ON "2019-02-05" ) ORDER BY created ASC
We got 79 issues pending and 22 of them are in DONE status. So it shows the current status and not the status at a given time. Q1: Is there a way to have the status on a given day?
Now when I am trying to double check the result from the Burn-up chart I got: 78 issues (not 79). Looking into more details: we don't get the same issues. Here is the detail:
- We have 19 issues in the Burn-up chart that are not in the Query
- All of them assigned to a future Sprint.
- In the burn-up they are represented like this: "XYZ-XXXX undefined", so instead of having a summary it says: undefined. When I click on all of them, they are assigned into a future sprint, and there is no information they have been part of the Sprint 12 in the Sprint field. Looking at the history they were in the Sprint 12 and then moved into future Sprint, but the Sprint field does not have traceability about previous Sprints. I guess that information only shows up if the issue was carried over into the next Sprint once the Sprint closed, but not for issues moved into a future Sprint while the Sprint is still open. Based on the burn-up information the issue was moved in the middle of the sprint. Q2: Why those issues are not extracted from the query since they were at a given day part of this Sprint not an in DONE or BUILD COMPLETE status?
- We have 20 issues as the result of the query that is not part of the initial list of issues in burn-up.
- Those issues have been part of the Sprint 12, but they were added in the middle of the sprint. Q3: Why those issues were returned since they were not part of the beginning of the Sprint.
I guess I am missing something in the query in order to get exactly the same information as it is in the Burn-up chart once the sprint started.
In summary the query:
- Includes issues added to Sprint 12, that were not part of Sprint start
- Excludes issues that were part of the sprint start, and then moved.
Any help to update the query so I am getting the same number of issues as in the burn-up chart.