Hi Team,
Hoping you can collectively help. This has been vexxing me for a while.
JIRA Server 7.3.0, Maintenance Expired
I've inherited a JIRA instance where a previous project admin has created 70+ issues and sub-task types for his now extinct project. Madness I know!
In order to remove the issue types I first Admin deleted the project (probably not the best thing to do?), thinking that would un-associate everything so I can delete the issue types.
However when I attempt to delete the issues, it says:
"Note: This issue type cannot be deleted - there are currently X matching issues with no suitable alternative issue types (only issues you have permission to see will be displayed, which may be different from the total count shown on this page).
In order for an issue type to be deleted, it needs to be associated with one workflow, field configuration and field screen scheme across all projects. If this is not the case, JIRA can not provide a list of valid replacement issue types."
Of course when I click on the X Matching issues link, it takes me to an empty search filter. Additionally when I go back to the Project's admin page, the project still shows up there, but is empty. Weird?
I've tried the solution here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Can-t-Delete-Broken-Issue-Type/qaq-p/187732
but sadly it's still not working.
It's a real pain whenever I set up a new project as I have to trawl through 70 issue types to get to the 5-6 we actually use. The next admin is probably also going to think I'm an idiot.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks