Is it possible to create one main project with different components where the components are not aware of each others existence?
Nelleke,
Yes you can. Components are used to group issues in a project.
Victor
I think the question here is not as simple as it sounds on first reading.
I'd like to paraphrase it back to see if I have understood it - please correct me if I've got this totally wrong!
A project will have a set of components. When a user puts one or several components on an issue, that issue has limited visibility - only certain users can see it.
If that is correct, then you will need to find or write a listener that can detect create or change issues that set a component, and set a "security level" on the issue that reflects who should see which component. Bear in mind that because you can have several components on an issue, the "who can see it" could become very complex.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.