We use subtasks to identify all the work that needs to be done for a particular issue. But when I do a search all I can get back in the results are the parent issues. What I would like to do is get back the subtasks in the results rather than the just the parent issue. Hopefully there is some JQL that I could use to get these subtasks (and details) in the results.
Hey @Jason Herbolsheimer
Try using something like the below JQL.
issueFunction in subtasksOf("project = XXX AND issuetype = Task AND status = Closed")
Let me know if you have any other questions or issues with this JQL.
Thanks!
Thanks Brittany. I probably should have mentioned that I'm using the 'cloud' version. From what I can tell "issueFunction" is not available to me.
Here is what I have that is giving me back the parent issues only."Epic Link" = HR-1111 AND status not in (Done, Canceled) AND project = HomeRun
Hello,
@Brittany Wispell gave you an example with the ScriptRunner add-on. There are other add-ons with the same functionality.
For example, Power Scripts, Jtricks or JQL Extensions for Jira.
If you want to use the Power Scripts add-on, your query would look like this:
key in subtasksOf("project = XXX AND issuetype = Task AND status = Closed")
key in subtasksOf(
"
)
You can find more info here:
https://confluence.cprime.io/display/JJUPIN/Pre-defined+JQL+functions#Pre-definedJQLfunctions-subtasksOf
I believe that your requirements can not be fulfilled out of the box.
Nice catch @Alexey Matveev
I use it so much it seems to me like normal functionality now!
Thank you!
Since you are using Cloud, the solution will require an add-on since this functionality is not OOB. @Alexey Matveev suggested PowerScripts which will provide the solution you are looking for. And another good add-on is ScriptRunner which is the first suggestion I made.
Sorry for the confusion!
If you have any other questions let me know.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.