Hi All,
I have been a Jira admin for many years and have installed several systems, but I am stumped now.
I have been trying to set up a Jira/Confluence installation to use as a records system for a school in Uganda. Jira installs and sets up correctly and is stable and usable over extended periods.
On trying to install Confluence, however, it instantly breaks the Jira logins - it is no longer possible to log in to Jira with any ID (500 error -
com.atlassian.crowd.exception.runtime.UserNotFoundException: User <dak> does not exist
) and the Confluence installation never passes the user stage.
The problem appears to happen at the exact point of telling Confluence how to manage user logins and it does not matter if it is local or via Jira, the results are always exactly the same.
Confluence installs correctly stand-alone, but even trying to use different databases for Jira and Confluence has not helped.
Does anyone have any ideas, please?
System
My own VPS running Ubuntu 16.04 or 18.04, always reinstalled and updated before installation. Jira 7 or 8, Confluence 6.12 or 6.14. All combinations have been tried, the results are always the same.
Edited to mention Postgres 10