I have the latest version of atlassian jira software, I have a clean ubuntu installation. I went through all the steps to install jira. It was working, but was complaining that I need to change the database to be more secure. SO I went through the process of setting all that up, the database can connect according to config.sh. However, now I just get redirected to http://<ip_address>:8080/secure/errors.jsp . I have tried restarting, uninstalling, reinstalling, 'updating' the install with the same installer I installed it, I tried advanced mode. I tried reinstalling it multiple times, but all I get is http://<ip_address>:8080/secure/errors.jsp . I've lost hours working on this, it's a clean installation of ubuntu, it shouldn't be this difficult. I have no idea what to do. I already activated my copy of Jira and got the license key so I don't think I can delete all of the application-data files for jira. Any ideas of what to do next? It did work for a brief time with that original database. AND, I tried reverting to that original database, but it still won't do anything but direct me to http://<ip_address>:8080/secure/errors.jsp . Also, that page is completely blank, with no helpful info.
Thanks for the help.