I'm having trouble figuring out how to create a sub task for a user story in Jira Software.
I read this article on how to set up sub tasks, I and I believe I did it correctly.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/configuring-sub-tasks-818578898.html
And I went through this one on adding a sub task to an issue.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/creating-issues-and-sub-tasks-764478439.html
However, when I try to add a subtask to an issue, I don't have an option to do so?
An idea what I'm missing?
Hi @John Atkinson,
I want to confirm that you are currently using a traditional project or a next-gen project? As far as I know, the subtask function of the next-gen project has not been released yet.
https://www.atlassian.com/roadmap/jira-software?_ga=2.47678759.1228177992.1549847285-2036880908.1548031592
As Ollie indicated you may be on NG project which does not support or if you are using Classic project you may not have sub-task configured as an issuetype. Go to project settings > issue type and check.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.