Hi all,
I required support for the parent-child flow in JIRA.
1. Parent (IssueType:: - story)
2. Child (Issue Type:- Task/Subtask)
I have multiple subtask and task under the issue type Story.
How I can ensure that Story (Parent) will remain in In-Progress status until all issues under the story are not resolved.
For Example Story workflow ( To-Do, In-Progress, Done), Task workflow: ( To-Do, In-Progress, Done).
Initial state: Story XYZ (State: To-Do), Task ABC (State: To-Do) , Task PQR ( State: To-Do)
If task ABC moves from To-Do to the In-Progress, then Story XYZ should automatically move to the In-Progress state.
Now if task ABC is in Done state then Story XYZ must remain in the In_progress state. (As PQR is still pending)
Once the Task PQR is completed (Done) then only Story XYZ moves to Done state.
I want this process to work automatically. I know we can use the post-function for this but can someone but suggest How I need to configure it.
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Jay