I don't want to see my Epics that are done in the Roadmap. Do I have to delete them? How do I make them disappear when Done. Sprint Management doesn't do anything to Epics.
@Troy Center hiding "Done" Epics was just implemented. You can configure the view in "View settings".
Hi, Troy
As you can see from our doc Get started with next-gen projects
In a next-gen board, if an issue sits in the Done column for more than 14 days, it automatically gets archived. You can view all archived issues by selecting the Looking for an older issue? button.If your project is new, you won't be able to see this button for now, you'll need to wait a few days and then those issues will, automatically, be archived.
Let me know if this helps!
Gabi
That doesn't seem to apply to Epics in the Roadmap view. I also have Troy's question.
I'm talking about Epics on the Roadmap view. Not Issues on the Board view. Go Into Jira, Click Roadmap, Create an Epic. Finish the work (pretend) and mark the Epic "Done".
Now what do I do with it? Troy
Crickets... ? Also following.
As much as I like Jira, I've started using YouTrack now. This is such a basic feature and the roadmap is practically unusable in this state so I had to switch away.
I agree with the commentary above. This feature still not being implemented has quickly made our roadmap almost unusable.
same here, would be very important to be able to somehow get the epics that are "done" archived so that they do not appear in the roadmap anymore. otherwise the roadmap gets too huge to handle very soon
@Ben Jackson What's the update on this feature Ben? I can see you were looking at it back in July 2019. Has the feature been deprioritised?
Wow, 18 months and no date confirmed for such a simple feature. The roadmap is 100% useless after you've got more than about 5 epics.
Best case is to filter by your "In Progress" Epics now. Not bad. Plus, the "Advanced Roadmaps" are better.
The best workaround. It doesn't matter what is better, this is front and center. Having epics on there from 12 months ago is pointless.
this is all very sad. Nextgen JIRA is making look like a jerk for pushing it in my org. Please fix this it seems like basic stuff. Why release these features in what seems like Alpha?
Hi All,
I appreciate this might not be as good as a fix, but there is a workaround you could try:
It's not ideal but given you can include the URL on your Jira project side-bar, its an option for now
Ste
Good enough for now. Thanks!
You can now sort epics by done, in progress, and to do - it's not a perfect fix since you still have to manually de-select done, but it helps clean up the roadmap.
Unfortunately it doesn't actually matter what the status of the Epic is, if the epic has issues that are not done then it will still appear. We have a status for "Archive" which although it sets the Resolution as "Done" (see screenshot) the Epic still appears on the Roadmap
I echo @Martin Anastasov 's comment above
We have exactly the same issue with Roadmaps, it isn't just 'Done' EPICs I don't want to see on there, it's also the 'ongoing work' EPICS and the 'loose' undefined EPICs with no proposed start date yet that I wouldn't want to see.
A simple hide feature would suffice.
Great - thanks for this update 👍
@alain This is still not a great solution. It hides completed Epics yes.
What if I want to see all epics ( also done ) if they are in the timeframe I am looking.
If you filter now, all Done epics are gone , regardless of this was a year ago, or just happend this month.
There is a difference, that is necessary I feel
@Jeroen this might not be a good solution for you, still it's the solution for this question. You might be under the wrong impression that i work for Jira perhaps. I'm just a user as you.
I am not sure, however, of what is the point of having past epics that are not marked as done. If your last epics are done as they should be, then if you want to see them just show done epics, that's it.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.