We have Jira Service desk and Jira (bug tracker).
When a new request comes into our service desk, how can I get the notifications sent to "Service desk team" (We don't have any agent roles...) and not to anyone or admins in JIRA?
confused - who makes up the "Service desk team" if not agents? Regardless, if "service desk team" is a role (or group) then you simply need to edit the notification in project settings to notify the role (group) as desired. In other words, edit your notification scheme.
When I started with the SErvice Desk app, there was no "Agent" role, only the roles:
It seems the notification scheme is shared by Jira, Confluence and Service Desk. I assume I would need to make a new one so service desk team won't get notified when a new jira ticket is created... right?
so agents are those individuals that have the ability to be assigned and work issues. Service Desk Team = your agents. Service desk team should not include Jira/Confluence users that is why it is called "service desk". moreover, you should check to see if all of the users under this role have "Service Desk" application access by going to Jira settings > user management. If they do have SD application access and they are not agents then you need to address that by removing them from the role and unchecking the JSD application access otherwise you are paying for them unnecessarily. Anytime you use "Invite team" on the project sidebar it adds the person as an agent to the Service Desk Team role.
I've done that, i have 2 users atm in the Service Desk role.
When i create a new ticket by emailing our contact address, i see the ticket in Jira Service Desk, but no notifications get sent out to the team (I'm on this list) to let us know a new ticket was created.
I tried having the "Service Desk Tam" on issue create, but that didn't do anything, so I added it to every other Event without luck.
I don't know why it's not on out of the box to email the team when there's a new ticket.
I will add, when i Auto assign to myself, (admin) i get emails. BUt when there's no auto assign, there's no emails sent to notify anyone.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.