hi,
Just downloaded Jira 8.0.0 and wanted to install it on a Windows 10 machine. When starting setup and selecting the jira_install directory it shows the following error:
Anyone has had this happening?
Thanks,Jacques.
I have found the answer myself. Basically, with a new Windows 10 Update, a new feature, called "Controlled folder access" had blocked all processes to access any folder. More information about this can be found here.
You need to grant read/write access to the user that the Jira service runs as. Check the Jira Service to see which user that is.
hey Dave,
This is a blank install... There is no service installed yet. Even more: I don't want to install Jira as a service. Installing Jira as a service is one of the options during install which I was not able to select yet as it is further in the installation process.
When I let Jira install in the suggested default directories then there does not seem to be any problem. I've checked the permissions on C:\Program Files\ and copied them all to my destination directory without success. The problem persists.
I have never had this issue with any Jira 7.x installations.
The issue is that the directory structure is not writable by the user that the Java process is running as.
If you are launching Jira from the command prompt, you need to make sure that the user you are logged in as has write access, including the parent directory.
Dave,
I'm not sure you're understanding my issue. This is a Windows 10 machine where I'm in the process of installing Jira with the regular install .exe. As far as I know the installation is not a Java process.
Jira is not running at all when installing. It can't because the Java application files have not yet been setup.
I just ran into it too. Right click on the install, in windows at the top click on "Run as Administrator" That worked for me.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.