Hello, I am creating a Jira Connect app that involves me creating an issue via the v2 API. When trying to create an epic, I get the error that the epic name must be set. However it turns out that the epic name field is an arbitrary custom field that is different on every environment.
I can hard code the custom field to get it to work (10011 for me), but I need to be able to do this programmatically so that it works for anyone. Is there a way to use a static key to set the epic name field? If not, how do I get the custom field id for the epic name?
The epic field name is 100% unnecessary for my uses as it will just be a duplicate of the summary field. So if there is a way to skip setting this field that would be optimal.
There is a frustratingly lack of information about this interaction in the docs