New to JSD and trying to understand the default workflow for support requests that come with JSD.
Hi Gil,
In terms of how I've seen statuses used:
- Pending: I've seen this used when waiting for more information from the Customer or waiting on information from a third party
- In Progress: I've seen this used when one of the agents is actively working on the request
- Resolved vs. Closed: these can mean the same thing but might not, for instance the Service Desk Request might be Resolved because the root cause was a known bug, but the bug is not fixed yet. So perhaps you want to mark the issue as Resolved (from a Service Desk point of view) but not close the ticket until the bug is fixed. Alternatively, if your users have access to your bug tracker, you can point them there and close the request right away.
These statuses are actually configurable so you have 2 sets of statuses, one for the Request (that the customer sees) and one for the Issue (that the agents see).
https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/configuring-request-types-and-workflows-732528910.html#Configuringrequesttypesandworkflows-CustomizingWorkflowCustomizetheworkflowstatusesforarequesttype
I would encourage you to customer the workflow and statuses to suit your team, don't feel boxed in by the default statuses and workflows.
Thank you!
Hi @Marty just few thing to clarify, as I'm not confident that I'm approaching this correctly.
Pending - If it is used for 'waiting for more info from customer', then isn't it doubling on the default 'Waiting for customer' status?
Resolved vs. Closed - This still makes me confused. Usually when you resolve something, it has a resolution attached to it, i.e., Resolved with status Done, or Won't Fix.
The Closed must have some meaning which is important, otherwise, Atlassian wouldn't use it in the workflow in conjunction with Resolved.
So what am I missing here?
p.s. - I did configure the customer status view to be a bit more user-friendly, but it still doesn't help me with how to treat the Resolved vs. Fixed.
if you don't see any reason to have a separate Resolved and Closed status then don't use them. Please don't think that just because something is in the default workflow that you need to use it.
Some more people from the community have weighed-in on Resolved vs. Closed here:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/What-is-the-difference-between-closed-and-resolved-status-in/qaq-p/378505
Similarly with Pending - it's up to you to define the statuses and workflows that work for your team.
Hi there,Would like to share some inputs here...I have observed is:Resolved: The problem (incident) is flagged as resolved as soon as the team has restored the services, or fulfilled the request.Closed: Generally, a confirmation is requested / awaited from the customer. Here, the Issue still stays available for "Reopening". A couple of reminders are sent and if the customer doesn't respond in, say three days' time, the Issue is "Closed". Post that, the customer cannot respond to OR reopen the same Issue and needs to raise another ticketPlease share your views...Regards,Ashraf B
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.