Here is the scenario
I have a project where I have two workflows
Workflow A if ticket type is story and Workflow B when ticket type is Bug.
On create event we want that if a ticket being created is of type Story then ticket gets assigned to user 'John' and if a ticket being created is of type Bug then ticket gets assigned to user 'Steve'
I have already set post functions for create transition for both workflows
for workflow A it says in the post function - The Assignee of the issue will be set to John
for workflow B it says in the post function - The Assignee of the issue will be set to Steve
But when issues are getting created both of type story or bug they are getting unassigned and not getting assigned to the respective users based on the workflow
what I noticed is that this is happening because on the project setting page there is a default assignee set to unassigned
How do I make Jira to ignore this default assignee setting and take the assignee from the workflow based on ticket type during create?
Any help will be greatly appreciated