How do I automatically assign a user to an existing subtask?
Hi @Angela DiCesare
By default, your sub tasks will be assigned to the component lead. If one of your sub tasks should go to a different user, you can hard code this change in the post function.
NOTE: This solution utilizes script runner add-on to hard code the assignee to the sub task.
Hope this helps or at least gets you past 1 hurdle!
- Jonathan
Hi, I would like to do the same automatic assignment but I can't find the "Additional issue action" field on the "Post function" list.
Can you give me any suggestions?
Thanks
@Carlo Anapoli I updated the response above.My setup is to generate a sub task based on selection of a component. The sub task will then auto assign to whoever we hard code in step 12.
It is messy but it works.
Ok, thanks!
on Step 6, I cannot see "Post Functions" when I click the first transition (create), or in fact any transitions, and actually I cannot see anything popping up when hoving over or right-clicking on them. It could be any permissions constraints?
The new answer now is utilize Jira Automation.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.