Hi - hoping someone might be able to help.
I have a Kanban board with a backlog column. For reasons specific to my way of working, each issue (or task) in the backlog is blocked by the one above it and blocks the one below it.
As it's a Kanban column, we can move the issues around and re-prioritise them. Currently, when we re-prioritise an issue by dragging and dropping, I then have to manually update the links accordingly.
Does anyone know if there might be a way to automate such a manual task. So when an issue is re-prioritised (by dragging and dropping) it is automatically set to be blocked by the one above it and block the one below it?
I guess I was thinking Scriptrunner or similar?
The reason I want this is so Portfolio for Jira can automatically schedule tasks based on their rank in the backlog. Portfolio for Jira relies on having the 'blocks' and 'is blocked by' links set up. Otherwise it just schedules things at the same time.
I hope you can help.
Many thanks