Having 2 seperate workflows based on the same issue

james_maida May 15, 2024

We have a Client Portal that we simplified the workflows (open/in progress/on-hold/pending/resolved) for 4 Primay Requests/Issues. We also created a second and seperate Internal Portal to be used by our internal support team.

Depending on the 4 types of requests from client, the team determines that internally we need more resolution so we convert each of the 4 requests and assign 1 of 8 possible internal issues with more detailed workflows. We select the internal issue by having a customer drop down field.

We need to have the client only see the issue status tracking associated with the 4 simple workflows while our team needs to access and use the 8 more detailed workflows. I was trying to use the custom field to allow internal selection of the 8 workflows. 

I installed JSU Automation Suite for Jira Workflows but are unable to do what I need to do. Any help to come up with a solution is greatly appreciated.

1 answer

1 vote
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2024

Hi @james_maida,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

You can hide statuses from the Portal by renaming it on the request type. See my answer to a similar question

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events