Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trello is automatically adding unwanted due dates to cards!

Jonathan Comer August 7, 2021

Today, I exited BigPicture to go back to my normal Board view and watched in surprise as all my cards that didn't have due dates filled in with the same due date (Aug 5, 2 days ago).

I'm not sure BigPicture is the problem though, because a few weeks ago, I was just adding cards to a board and they were automatically filling in with a due date of two days prior. (Cards already on the board did not change.)  I would then open the card, remove the due date, close, and a couple of seconds later the same due date would be back. I just ignored it and eventually it stopped.

Any suggestions?  My Trello setup isn't too complex yet, I'm not opposed to removing all powerups and rules, but I don't think that would help since this problem has only happened twice in a month.

Details:

I did have BigPicture installed both instances, as well as some other powerups. But I don't have any powerups or rules designed to set due dates. I have a rule that reads {yeardaynumber}, but it wasn't enabled on the board in the latest event. I have a rule that uses "regex:/.*(Importance|Urgency|Time).*/" in case that matters (those three items are custom fields). I was using firefox in both situations, which is what I always use. 

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 9, 2021

Hi @Jonathan Comer

The observed behavior of the application is a consequence of the nature of BigPicture. The plugin requires a Trello card to have both – a start date and an end date – to visualize it on the Gantt chart. Usually, whilst pulling a card into the Gantt, BigPicture receives its Due date and maps it to BigPicture's End Date field. If such a card doesn't have any Due date, BigPicture sets it accordingly to the next day. That is because it can not determine what the length of a card on a timeline should be. BigPicture also needs to pick a date to map it to the Start Date field; a card's creation date becomes the task's Start Date. This way, a Trello card can be displayed on a Gantt's grid.

If you need some more information about BigPicture Power Up, for example, essential information before you start working with it, please look at our documentation. 

Jonathan Comer August 9, 2021

Thank you for clarifying that!

0 votes
Jonathan Comer August 7, 2021

Stopped it, but had to disable powerup:

Well, it kept happening consistently (but now applying tomorrow as the due date), so I started removing things. After disabling all my powerups on each of my boards--except custom fields, I went to my account settings and revoked access by all of the powerups I had disabled.

These are the ones I revoked: big picture, card repeater, spreadsheet web, card relationships-hello epics, bulk actions, calendar power up, smart fields, matrix for trello, and maybe one or two others. I also revoked access by Butler (which just comes back the next time I visit).

It no longer adds unwanted due dates, but I'm also missing my powerups.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events