Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of intermediate statuses when transferring to a new Board

Zahar Kostitsyn December 6, 2019

Hello!

I have such same bug as and in this topic: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-questions/In-Trello-the-Activity-log-on-a-card-disappears-when-the-card-is/qaq-p/1180955

But I don't understand how to solve it.

Below in the screenshot you can see the actions with the card on the first Board

Screenshot_1.png

Next I move this card to another Board and the intermediate statuses are lost. How does this happen?

Screenshot_2.png

2 answers

0 votes
Garrett
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 13, 2019

Hey everyone, 

Sorry for the confusion, but this is expected behavior. When moving a card from one board to another, the activity relevant to the original board will no longer be displayed on the card back. Actions like list moves in the previous board won't be shown because those list moves don't pertain to the board it was moved to.

To be clear that activity still exists, so if you move the card back to the original board, you'll see the relevant list moves again.

There isn't a way to force that activity to remain visible, but instead of moving it, you can create a Butler button to copy the card to the next board, and link the two together. That way you have a quick way to jump back to the original card and see its activity.

Hope that helps explain!

0 votes
Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2019

Hi @Zahar Kostitsyn 

This is indeed very odd, as @Brittany Joiner mentioned in that original post, although that problem appeared to have sorted itself out, which is even more odd!

@Brittany Joiner do you have any thoughts on this new version of an 'older' bug, I know that the OP was only in September 2019, so I thought that I would mention you in case you knew of a fix!

Esme :)

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2019

I unfortunately do not - i could never replicate the bug on my end.

Zahar Kostitsyn December 9, 2019

Maybe there are additional conditions for this, in addition to access to each of the boards?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events