Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way (or a plugin) that can copy automations over for boards shared outside your workspace

JamieRiene September 13, 2021

I've created automations on a board that I want people to copy into their own workspace.  Is there a way to copy paste an automation 'recipe' without manually recreating?  My hope was that it just copied over with the board but that didn't work.  Plan B would be if they could just copy and paste into that space versus manually recreating but no luck.  Curious if there's a plugin or something else I could try....

From what I've read a Command Library won't work in this scenario.  I have card buttons, board buttons and rules set up.

Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 9.19.34 AM.png

1 answer

0 votes
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2021

@JamieRiene i thought there used to be something that would let you enable it across other boards on the team, but I'm not seeing that option now, and I realize that wouldn't actually help your use case as you're working on different teams/workspaces. 

I don't know if there's a great way to do this - following this to see if anyone else suggests anything and I'll try to keep that in mind in the future because I can imagine this question getting asked alot.

JamieRiene September 13, 2021

Thank you @Brittany Joiner for the response.  This would be great if there's some out of the box solution!  I was doing final testing for a product release....then whomp whomp....no automations - which was my whole selling point.  

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 13, 2021

Yeah i can definitely see how it would be useful to be able to quickly port those over to another workspace!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events