Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to automate set checklists, based on colour labelling of cards

Cairan Macleod May 6, 2020

Hello all!

I am wondering if you can assist. I work in marketing and PR. As an example of some cards that may appear on my lists - Press Release, Newsletter, Blog.

The team have set checklists they need to work through for each type of work task/card. What I would like to know is, is there some way I can label a card, and when I apply this label, the checklist that matches the label will automatically sync,

For example. If I can somehow label when a card is a NEWSLETTER, I would ideally like a checklist to appear such:

as decide on aims, create text content, create graphics, input links, proofread, schedule.

At the moment we have not got a way of colour coordinating or labelling what a card is related to eg Newsletter, and we are manually inputting checklists on each card.

1 answer

0 votes
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2020

@Cairan Macleod yep you can do this with Butler:

2020-05-07 at 10.52 am.png

Cairan Macleod May 7, 2020

Hi Iain! Thanks so much for getting back to me on this.

Is there a way to pre-set labels: Eg anything with a RED label is a Newsletter, anything with a yellow label is a BLOG. And when I add these colour labels, Butler recognises these, and the checklist to match that label automatically appears on that card?

Sorry if this is making no sense, I am finding it hard to put into words.

Esme Crutchley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2020

Hi @Cairan Macleod 

You can rename labels if that would make things easier for you?

On any board, go to Show Menu > More > Labels and click on the pencil - you can rename them:

Screenshot 2020-05-07 at 12.40.14.png

(Excuse these random labels - I have our Doggie board open at the moment, so I just took a screenshot of that!)

Esme :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events