Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I add an automated sequence to send an email when I move cards between different lists?

danny March 15, 2021

When we drag leads from one list to another in Trello, I want an automated email with text and an attached video to be sent to our clients based on which list they were moved into. For example, when a card is moved into the list "Under Contract", I want to email a congratulations letter and a video that has information on the next steps for clients. Could I do this through zapier connected to Constant Contact?

2 answers

1 vote
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 16, 2021

@danny there are a few ways to trigger an email immediately. One is to use Butler to send an email containing the required information into the Zapier email parser, then extract the information you want to send out of the inbound email and send out the actual email from the service you want to use like Gmail. It doesn't look like constant contact has an action to send email from Zapier. You might have some issues getting an attachment onto the email this way, but if you were sending out a link to a video online it wouldn't be an issue.

I also have a product called BenkoDesk that allows you to send an email by posting a comment to a card. This handles attachments so you could send out the video as a video attachment rather than a link to a video online, so you could connect your board up to BenkoDesk and then attach the video to the card, and maybe use a Custom Field or the CRMble power up to store contact details, then use Butler to post a comment like this:

@to {{%First Name}} {{%Last Name}} {{%Email}}
@attach all
Hi {{%First Name}},

Here is your video, congratulations!

Thanks,

or if you were using Crmble it would look like this:

@crmble
@attach all
Hi {{%First Name}},

Here is your video, congratulations!

Thanks,

You can read more about the Crmble and BenkoDesk integration here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/How-to-send-emails-directly-from-Trello-to-your-Crmble-contacts/ba-p/1418295

The BenkoDesk website is here:

http://www.benkodesk.com/

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2021

@danny 
As long you have info on the card or you have a simple lookup that Zapier can do, you should be able to use Zapier to email or other tools. Just test it. I think for move the CF may not be available. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events