Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom fields on card

Julien Delrue June 29, 2018

Dear all, 

I wonder if there's a way to create custom fields only for a card and not for all. 

Some fields don't have any sens depending the card they're displayed on

In the following example, i've created 4 fields but I want to see on a card only A and D and on another on B and C

trellocustomfields.png

Is it possible ? 

Thanks in advance

Julien

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Matthew N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 29, 2018

Hi Julien

There's a recent discussion here related to custom fields on only specific cards. In short- you cannot have custom fields display only on specific cards.

Dean Morgan February 21, 2019

Hi Matthew,

I seem to have come across a number of requests for this in the community in my search to essentially achieve the same as Julien, and in all instances I have found the response to be that custom fields are board-specific rather than card-specific.

However I have recently received an email from Trello including a blog post from @Britt Johnson_joiner (https://trello.com/b/M0YqG8f0/daily-habits-goals-tracker) whereby the daily journal set of cards have the custom fields but the rest of the board doesn't? It'd be great if this could be explained by someone - if it could be achieved I'm sure there would be plenty of people eager to use this way of working :)

Thanks in advance any who may be able to help!

Like Joe Fletcher likes this
chuava April 15, 2019

I'm also quite interested in this. Lists should have the choice to show certain fields.

Van joe

Like Joe Fletcher likes this
Joe Fletcher June 6, 2019

I totally agree with @Dean Morgan It only makes sense that "custom" fields are custom to specific cards, if so desired. I've seen this request on multiple threads now, so it's definitely a desired featured and use case people are attempting. Is there a feature request area somewhere we can vote on?

Each card should be able to gather different types of information. As it its, each card needs to display the same fields, even if they are completely irrelevant and therefore distracting or confusing to users. 

Joe Fletcher June 6, 2019

Also, yeah, how does this board have different custom fields unique to different cards in the daily journal list?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events