Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clear pink label from list "Daily" every day

marjanvenema June 7, 2022

Calendar commands enable me to execute something every day.

But the actions presented in "Select an Action" don't include anything that enables me to set or clear a label across the board or in a specific list. At least, I don't see any.

Is there a way to achieve what I want to do?

--

Background

I have a couple of lists with daily, weekly, and monthly tasks. I mark each task "done" by giving it the pink label (#5). For the daily list, I want to start with a "cleared" set of cards. Preferably without adding, copying, or moving any of them -- seems like a waste of bits and bytes :)

1 answer

0 votes
Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2022

@marjanvenema are you looking for something like this?

image.png

If so, you'll want to head to the "Calendar" section of Automation! It's the one that lets you set up triggers for specific timeframes, like every day, every week, etc

image.png

marjanvenema June 8, 2022

Thanks, but as I mentioned in my original post, I know about Calendar commands and they do not have actions that allow you to set or remove a label.

Brittany Joiner
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 8, 2022

@marjanvenema so you just want to remove the labels, not remove the cards? i thought you were wanting to remove cards with a label, sorry. 

So you want to do a task, add a label to it, and then at the end of the day it removes the label. And you're using that to track if a task was completed or not. Have you thought about using lists? For instance, have a "to do" list and then a "done" list, and when you apply a label, it moves the card to "done", and then every day it moves all the cards in "Done" to "To Do"?

marjanvenema June 9, 2022

No worries, Brittany. I misread stuff too.

Yes, I have thought about lists. The reason I'd rather not use it, is the same as the reason I'd rather not use the snoozing power-up (though I'm trying that). It is because I want to see all my daily/weekly/etc. tasks all the time so I can see immediately that I already have something on that list when I think of adding it. And that's because I'm in the process of building structure and habits around several things "as I go".

Managed to get my first custom power-up working and will try to get that to do what I want. But if you have any other suggestions in the mean time, I'm all ears.

Thanks!

Like Brittany Joiner likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events