Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cascade checklist items to a checklist in another card

Andrew Parker January 31, 2022

I have a meal planning board, with a card button setup, which copies a card (recipe) to the 'weekly plan' list. 

I currently have to do a manual process of copying items from the 'Ingredients' checklist on each recipe card to the 'Ingredients' checklist on a master shopping list card. 

I don't understand how the cascade and find functions work, but is it possible to expand my card button so that it copies the checklist items into a master checklist? 

The goal is that by clicking the card button on 4 or 5 recipes, I will populate a master shopping list checklist on a single card. 

Would appreciate any help! 
Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
milynnus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2022

@Andrew Parker 

Try using a lookup list with cards by recipe name with a Ingredients items list under a checklist “Ingredients” on each card.

When you have card with a recipe checklist - item name is recipe name, you should be able iterate the items, lookup the checklist from the above to copy the items into a “Shopping List”. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events