Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card is automatically watched when adding a due date

Heather Auxier April 11, 2019

This is a follow up to this issue which was resolved before and is now back: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-questions/Every-card-I-create-is-automatically-on-watching/qaq-p/961962#U1055728

I add a due date and the card is automatically watched. I do not want to automatically watch the card when the due date is added.

1 answer

0 votes
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2019

Hi @Heather Auxier I was just informed that the Trello experiment has been changed to default behaviour for everyone and that this is different from the auto-watch-all-cards created experiment they did a while ago. The Trello team will monitor feedback before making any more decisions about autowatch on due date changes. Once I hear more I will keep you updated.
Thanks for your patience,

Jodi

Lauren Everett April 11, 2019

Hi, I was wondering, what's the best way to provide feedback? It seems odd that Trello would decide to experiment with some users without even a notification or heads up? It would be great to ensure this feature is something that can be turned on or off! Thanks so much for your advice.

Like Katherine Nicole Ball likes this
Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2019

@Lauren Everett email support@trello.com and tell them how bad this is! That way they'll know it's bad and won't include it as a feature o_O

Lauren Everett April 12, 2019

Thanks @Iain Dooley I sent an email. Here's hoping this is temporary!

J April 13, 2019

It's annoying enough that I created a Butler rule to unsubscribe any time I change the due date.

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2019

Can you please share your butler rule for those who may also want to set one up?
thanks so much,

Jodi

Katherine Nicole Ball April 15, 2019

As great as that butler rule sounds, I only have access to one power-up, and I choose to use the calendar feature. It's kind of silly that we need to use the butler for something that ought to be opt-in to begin with...

Like # people like this
Heather Auxier April 16, 2019

If this can be fixed ASAP, that would be great! This is not part of my workflow so I keep making this mistake. I work very quickly so all these extra notifications and having to manually remove myself is really messing things up.

Appreciate the help. Thank you.

Iain Dooley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2019

@Heather Auxier @Katherine Nicole Ball @Jean Lansford @Lauren Everett make sure you email support@trello.com and let them know!

Heather Auxier April 23, 2019

This issue has still not be resolved. Please resolve ASAP so I can return to my normal work flow process.

Thank you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events