Every card I create is automatically on 'watching'

Monique Jongenburger December 13, 2018

I don't know how, but from today on évery card I create (no matter on which board), is automatically on 'watching'. Does anybody know how to deactivate this? 

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2018

Hi @Monique Jongenburger @Shelby Rough Water Dock @Brad Giotes @Billy Halvorsen , the Trello Team received a lot of feedback about this autowatching feature that was recently enabled in Trello.   As a result they are planning to disable the auto-watch feature on creation of new cards for now.  However there is still an auto-watch enabled for any user that changes a due date on a card, that one will remain in effect for the time being. This change will take affect sometime between now and by end of day tomorrow (Thursday) for all Trello sites.

I hope this helps and have a great day,

Jodi

Shelby Rough Water Dock December 19, 2018

Thank you! 

Like Jodi LeBlanc likes this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2018

Hi Monique, there is confirmation that this issue has now been fixed for Trello users, I am marking the question as resolved.

Have a great evening,
Jodi

Karl Macnaughton April 11, 2019

This is driving me mad. It did stop for a while but seems to be back as of today.
I use dates on almost all my cards and absolutely do not want them automatically watched. Even if I just change the due date, 'watch' is coming back on it again. This is really irritating and if I don't spend the time to untick watch every single time then I'm bombarded with a cacophony of 'due' alerts. It's making Trello unbearable for me.

Please tell me this isn't permanent!

Thanks,

Karl

Like Katherine Nicole Ball likes this
Heather Auxier April 11, 2019

I'm having this issue as well. I also add lots of due dates to cards but do NOT want to watch them.

Perhaps a new thread needs to be made though since this one was answered already?

Like Katherine Nicole Ball likes this
Lauren Everett April 11, 2019

I came here to report the same issue. It would be great if I could turn this "auto watch" feature off. I change card due dates frequently. Thanks for any advice!

Katherine Nicole Ball April 15, 2019

I as well! Just posted a question about it AND a customer support email. Super annoyed by it...

1 vote
Shelby Rough Water Dock December 18, 2018

Here's what Trello team sent me:

"Thanks for reaching out!

Our team made a temporary change as part of an experiment that includes the behavior you're seeing. There isn't currently a way to disable that, but I'll definitely pass your comments about the change along to the team.

Sorry for the frustration in the meantime! Let us know if there's anything else we can help with, and have a great weekend."

0 votes
Brad Giotes December 13, 2018

Same here.  It just started late today.  I'm glad to see I'm not the only one.  It's happening on every board I have.  It must be some bug in an update they pushed.  

Brad Giotes December 13, 2018

Looks like it's already fixed.

Monique Jongenburger December 13, 2018

Not fixed here...but happy to hear that I'm not the only one.

Like Jessica Kate Tweed likes this
Billy Halvorsen December 14, 2018

Also having this issue, unsure as to how it can be fixed, but it's definitely not just you. Hopefully it'll be something that's fixed or possible to fix soon.

Brad Giotes December 14, 2018

I think I spoke too soon.  I also have the Trello Windows 10 app.  The problem does not appear there, but it does with both Chrome and Edge browsers.

Like Shelby Rough Water Dock likes this
Shelby Rough Water Dock December 14, 2018

Me too- I was out of the office yesterday- can't get it to stop either. All day ANNOYING! 

Shelby Rough Water Dock December 14, 2018

I've sent a ticket to the Trello Support team! Hope this helps

Brad Giotes December 18, 2018

I'm still having the problem.  Has anybody found a solution?

Like Shelby Rough Water Dock likes this
Shelby Rough Water Dock December 18, 2018

Still doing it on my end too

on a PC w/ Chrome browser

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events