Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card button automation with Jira

Besh Adumo March 30, 2023

Hi,

I am trying to create an epic on jira via the automation button on Trello.

I have attached the inputs image with the relevant information and I am able to successfully create a story.

The problem (attached error message) arises when trying to create an epic. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thank youScreenshot 2023-03-30 at 10.32.25.pngScreenshot 2023-03-30 at 10.36.04.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Beverley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 2, 2023

Hi Besh,

I don't think your error message attachment was uploaded - feel free to re-upload it!

Besh Adumo April 3, 2023

Apologies. I have re-uploaded them.

Beverley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 3, 2023

Hi Besh,

It looks like you've set up your card button correctly - so I would suggest a few things:

• In Trello, revoke and reauthorize Jira in the App automations
  • In Jira, ensure you have the correct permissions to add Epics to the Project, and check your Jira Project settings has Epic as an Issue Type
Christophe Hoarau
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 25, 2024

I have the same issue, but my button was working fine until last week.
I have already tried to remove and readd jira. But still not working.
Tried to create a new simple button to comment a ticket, not working either.
The error message is quite ... useless ...

Beverley
Atlassian Team
February 28, 2024

Hi @Christophe Hoarau - welcome to the community!
If you've tried the troubleshooting steps above, and are still experiencing issues, I would suggest contacting us at https://trello.com/contact#/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events