Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back Up Data including attachments

Erin Keane July 27, 2020

Hi there,

I'm wondering what the best way is to back up data on Trello, including attached documents on cards?

Thank you,

Erin 

2 answers

0 votes
Vongsawat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2020

One way to back-up data is to Copy Board, change the board name to something like 20200727_boardname_backup, then close(archive) that board.

It won't survive Trello imploding, but it'll save you when you accidentally delete anything or have a Butler rule go wild etc.

I believe it copies everything except comments and activity logs, though you'll probably want to double check to be sure.

0 votes
Jacques Retief July 27, 2020

Hi Erin

I am having a similar experience. I do not know yet the method below will download attachments.

Within Trello, click the round button in the top right corner of your screen, inside of which will be your account name initials.

Go to settings.

Scroll down to "Personal Data Export"

Click the button: Download Personal Data

You should have a new tab open with multiple lines of code. Right click anywhere over the screen and "Save As" to export that data to a location of your choice.

You can track my thread regarding importing backed up data here:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-questions/Transferring-account-info/qaq-p/1441837

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events