Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The new certification renewal program is now live!

Ree Kent
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 24, 2024

Renewal Program.png

The new process to renew certifications is now available. This approach encourages ongoing learning and Atlassian Community engagement.

Certification holders (candidates) can now start using continuing education (CE) units to renew their certifications. CE units can be earned by completing courses on Atlassian University, and/or attending a webinar from Atlassian’s Live Learning Program, or watching the recording if you are unable to attend. CE units can also be earned by attending Atlassian events - either a local ACE or a global Atlassian event, either in person or virtually.

As a reminder, all Atlassian courses are now completely free. The same is true for Atlassian’s Live Learning Program and attending local ACEs. This means renewing a certification can be completed at no cost!

Important Note: Atlassian has extended all active (non-retired) certifications that were set to expire between September 30, 2024 and February 28, 2025 for an additional year, to allow candidates time to earn Continuing Education (CE) units for certification renewal. If your certification expires after February 28th and you feel you need more time to earn CE units to renew, please submit a support ticket, requesting an extension. Be sure to include your ID (AT00nnnnnn) and the email address associated to your certification(s).

How does it work? After completing an activity, by either finishing a course or attending an event, candidates will enter information about the activity in the CertMetrics portal.

Each type of certification will require different totals of CE units for renewal.

ACA - Atlassian Certified Associate. These are entry level exams that cover usage of the Atlassian solutions. ACAs require 50 CE units to renew.

ACP - Atlassian Certified Professional. These are exams that are explicitly for admins. ACPs require 100 CE units to renew.

The options for activities are:

• Completing coursework, 10 CE units - This includes completing a course on Atlassian University or attending/watching a Live Learning event. There is no limit on how many of these activities can be used for each renewal cycle.

• Attending an Atlassian global event, 30 CE units - This is attending an event such as Team, Unleash, High Velocity…etc. There is a limit of one use of this type of activity per renewal cycle.

• Attending an Atlassian local event, 10 CE units - This is attending a local Atlassian Community event (ACE), either in person or virtually. There is a limit of four uses of this type of activity per renewal cycle.

• Presenting at an Atlassian event, 20 CE units - This is presenting at an event, including a local ACE. There is a limit of one use of this type of activity per renewal cycle.

To enter an activity:

1. After logging in, navigate to CREDENTIALS/Upload Items.

2. Select “Renewal Activity” for the Item Group.

3. Select the appropriate option for the Item Name.

Upload Items.png

1. Click next.

2. Select the date of the activity.

3. Enter the name of the activity (the course or event name.)

4. Select the language of the documentation; the default is English.

5. Upload an image that shows you completed the course or attended the event; see below for examples.*

6. Add notes for reference if you like.

Upload.png

*Some examples of documentation:

Atlassian University Courses

You can create a screenshot of your course completion:

Course completion.png

You can also use an image of a completed course, found under Profile/History:

History.png

Live Learning

You can use an image of your reservation for a Live Learning event:

Live Learning reservation.png

Or, you can use an image that shows the event in progress:

Live Learning.png

ACE event

You can use an image of your registration for an ACE:

ACE Registration.png

Atlassian global event

You can use an image of your registration for a Team event:

Event Registration.png

To view your progress:

1. Navigate to CREDENTIALS/Continuing Education Progress. You may need to refresh the page to see recent activity.

Progress.png

1. To see details of your progress, click on VIEW CREDENTIAL.

Progress detail.png

1. To see prior renewal cycles, click on HISTORY.

Progress detail.png

To View the activities you have entered:

1. Navigate to EXAMS/Continuing Education - View Activities.

Activities.png

1. Click on an activity to view the details.

Activity Detail.png

Some key features:

• An activity can be used to renew more than one certification. For example, if you have two or more certifications, completing a course can be used to renew all of them.

• Any activity since the February 2024 retirements can be used.

• Candidates may also opt to retake the exam to renew their certification, in place of using CE units.

Want to learn more? Please see Maintain your Certification for additional details, examples, and FAQs.

The Atlassian certification team is excited about this simplified approach to help candidates maintain their certifications. We’re grateful for our community’s patience as we build out new programs and navigate changes to improve Atlassian certifications.

Thank You.png

As a reminder here is a list of the current certification catalog:

ACP-JA Jira Administration for Data Center (ACP-100)

ACP-JCA Jira Administration for Cloud (ACP-120)

ACP-MJSPC Managing Jira Service Projects for Cloud (ACP-420)

ACP-OA Atlassian Cloud Organization Admin (ACP-520)

ACP-MJDP Managing Jira Projects for Data Center (ACP-610)

ACP-MJCP Managing Jira Projects for Cloud (ACP-620)

ACA-JSWE Jira Software Essentials Certification (ACA-900)

ACA-JSWBC Jira Software Board Configuration (ACA-905)

ACA-ITSMF ITSM with Jira Service Management Foundations (ACA-910)

ACA-ACF Atlassian Cloud Foundations (ACA-915)

ACA-CONFE Confluence Essentials (ACA-920)

Here is a list of retired certifications, which can no longer be renewed:

ACP-CA Atlassian Certified Confluence Administrator for Data Center and Server (ACP-200)

ACP-JSW Atlassian Certified in Agile Development with Jira Software (ACP-300)

ACP-JSD Atlassian Certified Jira Service Desk Administrator (ACP-400)

ACP-SA Atlassian Certified System Administrator (ACP-500)

ACP-JPA Atlassian Certified Jira Project Administrator for Data Center and Server (ACP-600)

19 comments

Comment

Hans Polder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 24, 2024

@Ree Kent ,

I love the new approach, and also the communication around the changes. I just uploaded some of my recent activities and it works like a charm!

Like # people like this
Varsha Joshi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2024

This is really exciting. However, I noticed that there is no mention of virtual attendance to any events. Do they count?

Like # people like this
Ree Kent
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 24, 2024

Hi @Varsha Joshi , yes virtual attendance counts as well! I updated the article to state that. Thank you!

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 24, 2024

WOOHOO!!! Excited to see this. Thanks, Ree!!

Like # people like this
Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 24, 2024

I was looking forward to this, many thanks @Ree Kent !

Like # people like this
Vedant Kulkarni
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2024

Finally!! Excited to earn more CE Units.

Like # people like this
Lana Nesredin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 25, 2024

I went to the CertMetrics portal says loading then redirects me to the below link then it gives 400 error.

https://learner-profile-service.services.atlassian.com/certmetrics/sso-jit/candidate

Like # people like this
P_D_ Foerster
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 25, 2024

Thanks for the information. Glad to see this started now. I will test submitting the my first live learning webinars. Since there were no or incomplete information provide at the time the first announcement was made I hope my screenshot will be accepted.

What about a replacement for the Atlassian Certified Expert acknowledgement?
Before shutting this down I was on my way to prepare for the last step to achieve this.
At the moment I cannot see information related to this. Please tell us if we can expect more information on that.

Like # people like this
Ree Kent
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 25, 2024

Hello @P_D_ Foerster Your screenshots are fine. 

The new Expert program is being developed and we plan on introducing it this fall. 

I will reach out to you directly about your Expert status. 

Thanks!

Like # people like this
Dan Tombs
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 26, 2024

This is brilliant news. The only thing I am slightly disappointed in is that Atlassian events like high velocity & Team etc are still capped at one. For those of us lucky to go to a couple, it would be nice to see all of these counting and not just one.

Other then that. Great news @Ree Kent I'm so glad this is finally out and going. Now I just need to figure everything out :)

Like # people like this
Dan Tombs
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 26, 2024

Also @Ree Kent I know we spoke at Team on this but I just want to understand a little more. Even though my different certs have different dates they all use the "same" renewal cycle. So as long as I complete a cycle then all of them get renewed? Is this just an Atlassian admin thing in regards to ticking an activity against all certs or something?

Like John Funk likes this
Ree Kent
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 26, 2024

@Dan Tombs, Once renewed, for each type (ACA and ACP), the certifications will be renewed and have the same expiration dates. 

Like # people like this
Christopher Maxwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 27, 2024

Thanks for the update here.

I'd love to see email capability added into the CE system. A quarterly status update as well as confirmation + a status anytime a new CE unit is achieved.

Like # people like this
vasanth July 30, 2024

this is so interesting , earlier we have Badge concepts now this time we have different levels to reach.

Like # people like this
Yogesh Mude July 30, 2024

Fantastic approach, Let's keep the momentum going and encourage users to continue their learning journey.

Like Vedant Kulkarni likes this
Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 31, 2024

Hi  @Ree Kent ,

I did not like this part 
"How does it work? After completing an activity, by either finishing a course or attending an event, candidates will enter information about the activity in the CertMetrics portal."

-- System should have auto updated the activities in CertMetrics. 

Like # people like this
Lauren Allen
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 8, 2024

Agree with this. 

@Ree Kent will this part of the process be temporary? Having the two systems talk to each other should be standard functionality. 

Like Suzanne Veljanoski likes this
Suzanne Veljanoski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 12, 2024

Thank you for this feedback @Rilwan Ahmed

We'll add it as a note for future iterations of the renewal program. 

Like Rilwan Ahmed likes this
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 1, 2024

Looking great @Ree Kent :-) I'm really happy to see this program evolving!

Like Suzanne Veljanoski likes this
Suzanne Veljanoski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 12, 2024

@Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_ @Ree Kent is a superstar! 💫

Like Rilwan Ahmed likes this
Ree Kent
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 8, 2024

I updated the article, but wanted to share this news in a comment as well. 

To allow candidates time to earn continuing education units to renew their certification(s), Atlassian has extended the expiration date for all active certifications that were set to expire between September 30, 2024 and February 28, 2025, for one year. 

If your certification expires after February 28, 2025 and you feel you need more time to earn CE units to renew, please submit a support ticket, requesting an extension. Be sure to include your ID (AT00nnnnnn) and your email address. 

Thank you!

Like # people like this
Bhanu
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 8, 2024

This is great! I love how Atlassian is supporting the professionals working on Atlassian Applications.

Thank you so much @Ree Kent for providing detailed information on this new approach to renewing Atlassian certifications. I am sure this will help a lot of folks of the Atlassian Community. 

Like # people like this
Lauren Allen
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 8, 2024

For Live Learning and ACE/Global Events you only need registration to prove attendence.  What will stop people registering to gain the points and not showing up to the event? 

Suzanne Veljanoski
Atlassian Team
August 12, 2024

Good question @Lauren Allen  - we are working on the back-end logistics to avoid scenarios just like this one. The continuing education process will have an audit layer to ensure individuals arent gaming the system...but if you see/hear something, say something! We appreciate the feedback. 🫶🏻

vasanth August 8, 2024

I have renewed recently, it's an easy one, instead of taking Badges. 

thank's to Atlassian and the Team.

Chris Rogers August 23, 2024

Quick question for @Ree Kent: One of my certifications (ACP-JPA) was not upgraded to the new version (ACP-MJDP) before the certification program changes.  Previously, the method to upgrade this was to take the "Managing Agile Boards and reports" but it looks like that is no longer available.

Is there any way to upgrade an existing ACP-JPA certification (which is retired) to an ACP-MJDP?

Ree Kent
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 23, 2024

Hi @Chris Rogers I can help you with that. I will email you directly. 

Like Chris Rogers likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events