how do i map new statuses on my board to our workflow?

michelle.crovo December 5, 2019

We added a few new statuses to our board and I can't figure out how to map them to the workflow so our reports are correct.

3 answers

1 vote
blim
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 6, 2019

Hi @michelle.crovo , I’m a Product Manager on Jira Software. We are working really hard to introduce column:status mapping to Next-gen. 

Would you like to schedule a 30 min chat to provide feedback directly? We would love to understand what your instance looks like so we can iterate on what we have in development today. Please reach out to me at bryan.lim@atlassian.com

0 votes
Pete Singleton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2019

As well as adding columns to the board, you also need to add the statuses to the workflow.

Once those two steps are done, you need to map the statuses to the columns in the board.

How do you do this in Next-Gen?

0 votes
Will C
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2019

go onto your board, click board in the top right hand corner and then configure.

on the left configuration column you should see "Columns".

From here you will be able to drag statuses to the column they need to be in

I'm in Next - Gen which doesn't work like that. Do you know how to do this in Next-Gen?

Will C
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 5, 2019

sorry, no I only work in the current gen.

Suggest an answer