When moving a board from one project to another, can i amend the permission schemes?

BP Admin January 29, 2019

Hello, I have worked out how to move a kanban board from one project to another project, and I was then intending on setting up different permission schemes for each project so that I can control who can see which project.  However, i have found that the board i moved is still associated with the original projects permission scheme, rather than the new projects permission scheme i moved it to.  I can clearly see in the boards settings that it is located within the new project and all the menus indicate it is in its new place....but its displaying to the wrong users!

Any help much appreciated,

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gurpreet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2019

a board is not associated with permisson schemes. a board is just a different VIEW for the issues. 

further a board's location can be a project or a profile. when you moved the board from project A to project B, then essentially now project B will show whatever issues were there on the board. since the board was originally associated with project A, the issues will be belonging to project A and hence the permission scheme of project A will be followed. 

if you want to move issues to new project say you want to move issues from project A to project B, then i would suggest go for Bulk move issues feature. 

hope this helps

BP Admin January 30, 2019

Thank-you!  That is helpful.  I will have a go at doing that.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events