Notification the scrum teams about assignment or changes at sprint backlog

Ricardo.Borges October 22, 2019

how can I to send a notification to teams members  when something changes in the sprint?

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 23, 2019

Hello Ricardo,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

I think I have not completely understood your requirements. Could you please clarify if you would like to send notifications when something changes in the tasks of a specific Sprint (Assignee, description, etc) or when something changes in the Sprint itself (Start date, end date, etc)?

Also, I see this question is flagged with the next-gen tag. Can you confirm if you are using a Next-gen or Classic project?

I think there's no way to notify when Sprint details are changed for Classic or Next-gen projects, however, you can send notifications if anything changes in the tasks of the sprint in a classic project by performing the steps below:

1 - Create a group and add all the users you want to receive notifications when the Tasks are updated

2 - Create a group picker custom field and add it to your issues

3 - Once you start your Sprint, create a filter to return all the tasks of the sprint and bulk edit them, adding the group you created to the User Picker field:

Screen Shot 2019-10-23 at 20.32.39.png

4 - Navigate to your project settings > Notifications > Add the group picker to the notifications you want.

Let me know if this information helps and what is the current scenario you are facing.

Ricardo.Borges October 31, 2019

Petter, good morning.

First, thanks for the quick return.

Yes, I'm using the next generation Jira and we can't go back to the classic model due to using Roadmap to link as strategic plan stories.

I'm having trouble finding a feature that notifies a Scrum team by email when there are static status updates, comments, or when a step in assigning a team member and especially if any parts have been used within the team. Sprint in the midst of development

Suggest an answer