Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Is there a way to add Watchers by default upon an issue ticket creation for next-gen Scrum project?

We are using the next-gen Scrum projects and I have realized the functionality is very limited compared to standard JIRA, but I figured to ask here since I could not find this anywhere in the documentation.

When a new ticket is created under a specific next-gen scrum project, is there a way to have a rule setup to automatically assign specific watchers to the ticket?

Thanks in advance everyone!

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted

Hello James,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

When creating a ticket in Jira, either on the Classic or Next-gen project, it's not possible to add Watchers during the ticket creation.

Also, on Jira Software there is no automation to automatically do that. 

There is a feature request suggesting the implementation of this ability:

Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature.

A workaround for that is to use an add-on like Automation for Jira where you can create an automation for the specific project and there is an option to add Watchers.

Screenshot 2019-12-24_11-56-21-720.png

Regards,
Angélica

Wonderful - thank you for your help @Angélica Luz !

Like Angélica Luz likes this

I don't have access to a next-gen scrum project in Jira but maybe this other community discussion will help you:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Is-there-any-way-to-add-Watchers-on-issue-creation-in-Jira/qaq-p/1218744

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events