Is there a way to add Watchers by default upon an issue ticket creation for next-gen Scrum project?

James Daniel December 23, 2019

We are using the next-gen Scrum projects and I have realized the functionality is very limited compared to standard JIRA, but I figured to ask here since I could not find this anywhere in the documentation.

When a new ticket is created under a specific next-gen scrum project, is there a way to have a rule setup to automatically assign specific watchers to the ticket?

Thanks in advance everyone!

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 24, 2019

Hello James,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

When creating a ticket in Jira, either on the Classic or Next-gen project, it's not possible to add Watchers during the ticket creation.

Also, on Jira Software there is no automation to automatically do that. 

There is a feature request suggesting the implementation of this ability:

Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature.

A workaround for that is to use an add-on like Automation for Jira where you can create an automation for the specific project and there is an option to add Watchers.

Screenshot 2019-12-24_11-56-21-720.png

Regards,
Angélica

James Daniel January 6, 2020

Wonderful - thank you for your help @Angélica Luz !

Like Angélica Luz likes this
0 votes
Christopher Lott November 2, 2021

I don't have access to a next-gen scrum project in Jira but maybe this other community discussion will help you:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Is-there-any-way-to-add-Watchers-on-issue-creation-in-Jira/qaq-p/1218744

Suggest an answer