How to setup Use Cases in Jira

Deleted user September 16, 2019

Hi Am a newbie and want to setup Use Cases in Jira Automatically creating SRS ( System Requirements Specifications) document from JIRA Tool.

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 17, 2019

Hello @[deleted]

Thank you for reaching out.

Actually, you can create JIRA issues and specify all the documentation for System Requirements directly in the issues, by adding custom fields to fill all the data you need.

We have a pretty good article that explains how you can accomplish that:

Using JIRA for Requirements Management

Additionally, you can add default values to your custom fields, if you want to add any values to it when creating the issue like described in the documentation below:

Configuring a custom field

Let me know if this is the option you are looking for.

Deleted user September 19, 2019

Thanks for Your Inputs Petter.

In Requirements Management I would like to Automate same such that from Use Cases we can directly generate the SRS ( Systems Requirements Specifciations) with Use Cases, WireFrames and Requirements properly tabulated in the PDF Document. Would I require to Use JIRA+Confluence to achieve same. And if so then how to configure confulence to get the desired pdf  file. Please advise.

Thanks for Your Support Petter.

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 23, 2019

Hello @[deleted]

You can easily export Confluence pages to PDF by following the steps in the documentation below:

Customize Exports to PDF

However, I'm not sure what exactly you meant by:

I would like to Automate same such that from Use Cases we can directly generate the SRS

Could you please clarify if the information you want to add in your PDF file will be added to a Confluence page or Jira Issue or you want to create kind of a template that will always export the sae value?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events