Does anyone know how to remove Zephyr links from project?

Ben Smithart October 5, 2018

Our team started using the Zephyr plug-in, which is great, but it adds links to every project side panel and I can't figure out how to remove them for my project (or any for that matter).

Has anyone encountered this and know how to remove them?

zephyr in project side panel.PNG

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 9, 2018

Hi Ben,

When an add-on is installed it will be applied to the entire instance. So it will appear on all project's sidebar or on the tickets.
An add-on won't appear to all projects only if, for example, it works only for Jira Service Desk and not Jira Software.

Regards,
Angélica

Ben Smithart October 10, 2018

Thanks @Angélica Luz.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 10, 2018

Hi Ben,

You are always welcome!
If you have any other question, please let us know.

Regards,
Angélica

4 votes
Katharina Rubina November 14, 2019

in Zephyr for Jira (Server) version 4.0.6.4 it is possible to remove the menue from the sidebar.

With admin-access:
>Add-ons>Zephyr for Jira>General Configuration>Zephyr Testmenue>Disabling Zephyr Test Section On Project

2 votes
Tomislav Tobijas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2021

Removing menu for Cloud version (on specific projects)

NOTE: you need to be a Jira admin to follow the next steps!

1. Open Settings (gear icon next to your profile picture)
  2. Click Apps
  3. Under Zephyr Squad, click General Configuration (wait for it to load, might take 10-15 secs to load all configurable options)
  4. Scroll down to Zephyr Squad project menu enable configurations part
  5. Select projects in the Select the projects to disable Zephyr Squad Menu field and once selected, click on Disable Zephyr Squad Menu button.

This should do the trick for cloud users :)

Jared Wall April 29, 2021

@Tomislav Tobijas Does this work for zephyr scale? I didn't see the same options. 

Tomislav Tobijas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2021

@Jared WallI'm not quite sure as I think our team is not using Zephyr Scale but only Zephyr Squad.

However, I did some digging around Zephyr documentation and I've found this related to your question: Zephyr Scale Cloud Documentation / Configuration / Setting Permissions 

Hope it will help!

Marc Smaak March 23, 2022

Anyone an Idea how to get rid of these link after you disabled the trial. We decided not to go for Zephyr so I stopped the trial but in the side bar and on the top the icons are still there. Even the projects which had Zephyr squad disabled show the buttons at the top of the board. 

Tomislav Tobijas
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 24, 2022

Hi @Marc Smaak,

I've tried with exactly what you did - stop the Zephyr Squad trial. However, the menu from all projects where I've disabled stays disabled. It's only visible on those projects from which I didn't remove the menu.

So, just by stopping the trial, the options won't be removed from your projects (you won't be able to use them though), but once you completely uninstall the app by navigating to the Manage apps page, and removing Zephyr Squad from there, all of the options should be removed from the projects.

Marc Smaak March 24, 2022

@Tomislav Tobijas Thank you for your reply and the effort to reproduce my problem.

Thank you, this did the trick.

So for other go to settings, manage apps and then  select manage apps again in the left side bar. You can still select Zephyr although the trial is stopped and select uninstall from there. This is the part I misssed.

Like Tomislav Tobijas likes this

Suggest an answer